Visiting The Auction Centre
Our auctions welcome both trade buyers and members of the public. In fact, anyone over 18 can bid for an item. Viewing is only £2 and this includes your catalogue, you should always give yourself plenty of time to look at all the goods on sale.
We are open from 9am until 8pm every Wednesday and from 8.30am every Thursday for viewing.
Once you have found something you like, follow these five simple steps...
1. Look up the details in the catalogue. The item will carry a lot number. This will give you a rough idea of when the item will be auctioned. On average, we usually auction 150 lots per hour.
2. Decide how much you would be prepared to bid. When doing this, remember that there will be a 17.5% buyers premium and 20% VAT added to the hammer price.
3. Now register at our cash office (ID required). You will be asked to provide a £100 cash deposit for general furniture and white goods or a £400 deposit for brown goods such as TV's or laptops. All this needs to take place before bidding so please leave enough time to do this. Don't worry, if you don't buy anything, you'll get this back when you leave.
4. Get your bidding card. We'll provide this once you've registered and your deposit is paid.
5. Bid. When you want to bid, just raise your card to the auctioneer.
Remember that when the hammer goes down, if you're the highest bidder, you are legally bound to buy the goods.
If you have won a bid, congratulations! Just remember it needs to be paid for and collected within the time given by our cashiers. We accept cash, debit card (40p flat fee) and credit card (3% fee) we do not accept cheques. If you need help with delivery we do provide a service within a 15 mile radius (pallets and carpets except). There is a charge for this, simply ask at our cash office.
Most importantly, have fun, you're certain to make some great savings!